Six Flags Great Adventure is an amusement park located in Jackson, New Jersey, owned by Six Flags Entertainment Corp. Situated between New York City and Philadelphia, the park complex also contains the Hurricane Harbor water park.
The park opened in 1974 under restaurateur Warner LeRoy. Six Flags took over ownership of the park in 1977. Today, the park contains eleven themed areas, three of which are designed for small children.
On August 30, 2012, Six Flags combined its 160-acre (65 ha) Great Adventure Park with its 350-acre (140 ha) Wild Safari animal park to form the 510-acre (210 ha) Great Adventure & Safari park, making it the largest theme park in the world.
The premises of the park has been used for concerts. Notable artists that have performed at Six Flags Great Adventure include The Ramones, The Beach Boys, Heart, Kansas, Cheap Trick, Joan Jett, and Alice Cooper.
- Kingda Ka (2005)
- El Toro (2006)
- Batman: The Ride (1993)
- Medusa's Revenge (1999; formerly known as "Bizarro")
- Thomas' Treasure Cave Coaster (1999; formerly known as "Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train")
- Superman: Ultimate Flight (2003)
- Dark Knight (2008)
- The Joker's Total Mayhem (2016)
- Nitro (2001)
- Skull Mountain (1996)
- Roadrunner Railway (1999)
- Runaway Mine Train (1974)
- Green Lantern (2011)
Flat rides (thrill)Edit
- El Diablo (2015)
- Zuminjaro: Drop of Doom (2014)